Clean water and pure salt essential for health

To: ALL1 of 7
 To:  ALL
I have been drinking spring water for the past year now, along with distilled water occassionally. Distilled water is the purest, with no impurities, but it also lacks essential minerals and nutrients, so you can drink that entirely.

This past weekend, I did some more research and found that salt is also essential. I'm not talking about the ordinary table salt and store-bought sea salt, which is basically the same thing. Pure sea salt or rock salt is much better as it has 84 chemical elements, as opposed to the table salt sold in most stores which has only 2 or 3 chemical elements.

Like distilled water, most of the good nutrients and elements are boiled or fried out of the processed salt. Because it lacks 81 crucial elements, the salt that are forced fed us is not good for us.

This is one of the articles I read this weekend about the subject and I decided to buy Himalayan Crystal Salt and it arrived today. I have yet to try it, but will let everyone know.

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/salt.htm

Salt Deficiency: The Cause Of Many Serious Diseases

An eight-year study of a New York City hypertensive population stratified for sodium intake levels found those on low-salt diets had more than four times as many heart attacks as those on normal-sodium diets – the exact opposite of what the “salt hypothesis” would have predicted. (1995). Dr. Jeffrey R. Cutler documented no health outcomes benefits of lower-sodium diets.

Both sea salt and rock salt were well known to the ancient Greeks who noted that eating salty food affected basic body functions such as digestion and excretion (urine and stools). This led to salt being used medically. The healing methods of Hippocrates (460 BC) especially made frequent use of salt. Hippocrates mentions inhalation of steam from salt-water. We know today that the antiinflammatory effects of inhaled salt provide relief from respiratory symptoms (c). Thus, 2000 years ago, Greek medicine had already discovered topical use of salt for skin lesions, drinking salty or mineralized waters for digestive troubles and inhaling salt for respiratory diseases!

When organic, unrefined salt is lacking in your diet, weakness and sickness follow
An abundance of the ingredients in unrefined salt are as synonymous with life today as they were a billion years ago before single cells appeared here. Lack of them is synonymous with birth defects, organ failure, decay, diseases, premature aging and death at a young age.

Refined Salt: White Poison - The problem with salt is not the salt itself but the condition of the salt we eat! Our regular table salt no longer has anything in common with the original unrefined crystal salt. Salt now a day is mainly sodium chloride and not salt. With the advent of industrial development, our natural salt was "chemically cleaned" and reduced only to sodium and chloride. Major producing companies dry their salt in huge kilns with temperatures reaching 1200 degrees F, changing he salt's chemical structure, which in turn adversely affects the human body. The common table salt we use for cooking has only 2 or 3 chemical elements. The seawater has 84 chemical elements. For our body to be healthy we need all those elements. When we use the common salt, we are in deficit of 81 elements which means we are somehow contributing to becoming weaker, imbalanced and more susceptible to diseases. Use the seawater salt.

Himalayan Crystal Salt is one of the most profound re-discoveries of our time. For centuries, the energy/information content, in the form of vital mineral elements locked away within these perfectly formed crystals of mineral rich salt, were utilized by doctors for treating most every disorder known to humans, and with unfailing success. Recently. this ancient knowledge was once again uncovered by biophysicists and brought to light in the acclaimed book, Water and Salt, The Essence of Life , by Dr. Barbara Hendel and biophysicist Peter Ferreira

Salt is a vital substance for the survival of all living creatures, particularly humans. (Salt for animals) Water and salt regulate the water content of the body. Water itself regulates the water content of the interior of the cell by working its way into all of the cells it reaches. It has to get there to cleanse and extract the toxic wastes of cell metabolisms. Salt forces some water to stay outside the cells. It balances the amount of water that stays outside the cells. There are two oceans of water in the body; one ocean is held inside the cells of the body, and the other ocean is held outside the cells. Good health depends on a most delicate balance between the volume of these oceans, and this balance is achieved by salt - unrefined salt.

When water is available to get inside the cells freely, it is filtered from the outside salty ocean and injected into the cells that are being overworked despite their water shortage. This is the reason why in severe dehydration we develop an edema and retain water. The design of our bodies is such that the extent of the ocean of water outside the cells is expanded to have the extra water available for filtration and emergency injection into vital cells. The brain commands an increase in salt and water retention by the kidneys. This is how we get an edema when we don't drink enough water.

Initially, the process of water filtration and its delivery into the cells is more efficient at night when the body is horizontal. The collected water, that mostly pools in the legs, does not have to fight the force of gravity to get onto the blood circulation. If reliance of this process of emergency hydration of some cells continues for long, the lungs begin to get waterlogged at night, and breathing becomes difficult. The person needs more pillows to sit upright to sleep. This condition is the consequence of dehydration. However, you might overload the system by drinking too much water at the beginning. Increases in water intake must be slow and spread out until urine production begins to increase at the same rate that you drink water.

When we drink enough water to pass clear urine, we also pass out a lot of the salt that was held back. This is how we can get rid of edema fluid in the body; by drinking more water. Not diuretics, but more water!! In people who have an extensive edema and show signs of their heart beginning to have irregular or very rapid beats with least effort, the increase in water intake should be gradual and spaced out, but not withheld from the body. Naturally, salt intake should be limited for two or three days because the body is still in an overdrive mode to retain it. Once the edema has cleared up, salt should not be withheld from the body.

The doctor and alchemist Paracelsus (1493–1541 A.D.) introduced an entirely new medical concept. He believed that external factors create disease and conceived a chemically oriented medical system which contrasted with the prevalent herbal medicine. Only salted food could be digested properly: "The human being must have salt, he cannot be without salt. Where there is no salt, nothing will remain, but everything will tend to rot." He recommended salt water for the treatment of wounds and for use against intestinal worms. A hip-bath in salt water was a superb remedy for skin diseases and itching: "This brine - he said - is better than all the health spas arising out of nature." He described the diuretic effect of salt consumption and prescribed salt preparations of different strengths that were used for instance against constipation. Salt-based remedies were thought to have expectorant powers. A mixture of water, salt, and vinegar was employed as an emetic. Drinking a mixture of two-thirds cow's milk and one-third salt-water, in the mornings, on an empty stomach was recommended as a cure for diseases of the spleen. A mixture of salt and honey was applied topically to clean bad ulcers and salt-water was used externally against skin diseases and freckles

"In recent years there has been much publicity about the need to reduce salt consumption in societies where salt is added to many processed foods (Denton 1984, 584-7). It has tended to be forgotten that some salt intake is absolutely necessary; that people need salt, sodium chloride, to survive: The chemical requirements of the human body demand that the salt concentration in the blood be kept constant. If the body does not get enough salt, a hormonal mechanism compensates by reducing the excretion of salt in the urine and sweat. But it cannot reduce this output to zero. On a completely salt-free diet the body steadily loses small amounts of salt via the kidneys and sweat glands. It then attempts to adjust this by accelerating its secretion of water, so that the blood’s salt concentration can be maintained at the vital level. The result is a gradual desiccation of the body and finally death." Roy Moxham

The past president of the American Heart Association, Dr. Suzanne Oparil of the University of Alabama-Birmingham, said her personal view is that the government may have been too quick to recommend that everyone cut back. "Salt restriction as a solitary recommendation for the population for the prevention or the treatment of hypertension. An eight-year study of a New York City hypertensive population stratified for sodium intake levels found those on low-salt diets had more than four times as many heart attacks as those on normal-sodium diets – the exact opposite of what the “salt hypothesis” would have predicted. (1995). Dr. Jeffrey R. Cutler documented no health outcomes benefits of lower-sodium diets.

This was the article that got me started on thinking about finding a healthier salt. I had already converted to stevia, dropping sugar as much as I could. Now salt was the next step.

Mike Adams, the Health Ranger, had this article on his Natural News site last month about Himalayan Crystal Salt...

http://www.naturalnews.com/028724_Himalayan_salt_sea.html

Why Himalayan Pink Crystal Salt is so much better for your health than processed table salt

NaturalNews) If you've been reading NaturalNews for long, you've heard me talk about the importance of switching from processed table salt to a "full spectrum" salt. Table salt -- or "white salt" -- is to real salt as table sugar is to dehydrated cane juice. Both white table salt and white sugar are devoid of the full spectrum of minerals and other nutrients that protect and enhance your health.

Here in Ecuador, I regularly drink jugo de caña, for example (fresh, raw sugar cane juice), but I would never think of eating refined white sugar. I don't use refined white table salt, either. Instead, I use Himalayan Pink Crystal Salt because it contains the full spectrum of 84 minerals and trace elements just like Mother Earth intended. It is an unrefined, unprocessed "raw" salt that's hand-mined from abundant salt caves that were formed 250 million years ago as ocean salt settled in certain geologic pockets around the earth.

Most of the western world thinks of salt as sodium chloride -- a highly refined, processed white substance that's devoid of nutrients. Salt is so devoid of nutrients, in fact, that in the early 20th century, doctors noticed that people who ate white table salt started to suffer chronic degenerative diseases such as goiter. This was caused by the lack of iodine in the salt.

Iodine deficiency, by the way, is the No. 1 most preventable cause of mental retardation. Eating processed salt that lacks iodine, in other words, can cause your offspring to be retarded.

Now what's really interesting about processed table salt is that it's missing over 80 minerals. But they only put ONE mineral back in -- iodine. That's because iodine is the one mineral that causes the most obvious disease (goiter is sort of hard to not notice).

Iodine is a naturally occurring mineral in the ocean. It's abundant in seafood and in real sea salt, but it's completely missing from refined white table salt.

So they started adding iodine to table salt, creating "iodized salt."

But why would you want to eat salt that's been artificially enriched with ONE mineral when you could be eating salt that naturally contains eighty-four minerals?

Himalayan Pink Crystal Salt contains 84 minerals and trace minerals, including iodine! And below we share a link where you can get it at 33% off...

Beware of the "sea salt" scam

You've probably noticed a lot of processed salt companies now claiming to offer "sea salt." The truth is, virtually all salt is sea salt because it all came from the sea at one time or another in the Earth's history.

The term "sea salt" is essentially meaningless. White processed salt can still be called "sea salt" even though it is devoid of full-spectrum sea minerals.

The way to tell if your salt is really full-spectrum salt is to look at the color. If it's pure white, it's not full-spectrum. White salt is just like white sugar: It's missing the key supporting minerals and nutrients your body needs.

Full-spectrum salt always has a non-white color. Celtic Sea Salt, for example (which is really good salt) has a brownish sandy color. Our Pink Himalayan salt is a sort of sandy rose color. All the truly natural full-spectrum salts are sandy or brownish in color.

Save 33% on our full-spectrum salt

Himalayan Pink Crystal Salt normally sells for $14.95 per pound. With this week's special for NaturalNews readers, we've discounted the one-pound bag to $12.95 (a 13% savings).

When you buy three one-pound bags of Himalayan Pink Crystal Salt, the price drops to just $9.98 per bag. Three pounds of this full-spectrum salt are just $29.95 (a 33% savings!).

The 3-pack is our best price on full-spectrum salt, and if you don't need all 3 pounds for yourself, they make fantastic gifts for family or friends!

Some other things you may not know about full-spectrum salt:

• This product stores for years. It's naturally shelf-stable as long as you keep it relatively dry and unopened. Store in a dark, cool place for longest shelf life.

• Full-spectrum salt is a crucial preparedness item. Your body cannot live without salt, and in a crisis situation, real salt may be very difficult to come by in many areas. Storing full-spectrum salt is not only good for your health today; it's a type of nutritional insurance against future food shortages.

• If you exercise a lot, juice a lot or live in a very hot climate, your body may actually need more salt than you're getting. But processed salt doesn't provide all the minerals your body needs to replenish. Only full-spectrum salt fulfills your body's true salt needs.

• A craving for junk foods is often just a craving for full-spectrum salt. When your body lacks minerals, it urges you to consume more. This is often mistranslated in your mind as a craving for salty snack foods. But consuming full-spectrum salt (in a reasonable amount) can often ease your junk food cravings.

Where it comes from

Our Himalayan Pink Crystal Salt comes from the Himalayan Region of the Karakoram mountain range located 400 miles from the Hunza Valley in Pakistan. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karakoram)

Our salt is always stone ground. No metal ever touches the salt during grinding. All the salt is extracted by hand from the salt caves (ancient sea bed deposits). No salt from other sources is mixed with this salt. This is 100% from the Karakoram mountain range salt caves.

These salt deposits are roughly 250 million years old, meaning they were deposited long before the earth became polluted with heavy metals, pesticides and PCBs. While there is really no such thing as "organic" salt, this is probably the most pristine salt you'll find anywhere on the planet. Eating this salt is a lot like going back in time and consuming minerals from pre-industrial Earth.

This is the salt I use regularly. I actually add salt to raw foods recipes (like raw guacamole) in order to increase my mineral intake. That's necessary because I eat very few packaged foods that are high in salt. Plus, I exercise regularly so I'm losing a lot of minerals through sweating. This is why salt intake is a regular part of my diet. To me, it's actually a type of superfood, and I make sure I get enough full-spectrum salt on a daily basis.

Note: If you have high blood pressure or eat a lot of salty processed foods, then obviously don't add more salt to your diet. Instead, replace the junky processed salt in your diet with full-spectrum salt. Stop eating salty snack chips and canned soups (those soup cans are lined with BPA, too) and start eating fresh juice smoothies and homemade cuisine made with full-spectrum salt.
To: ALL2 of 7
 To:  ALL
I have been using Himalayan pink crystal salt for years now. Been using it when I make my daily nasal sinus rinse solutions (which I am now doing twice a day due to a sinus infection), adding the ground crystals in my salt shaker to foods and the salt inhaler that I use to help my breathing problems and asthma. This is pure salt, with the 84 essential minerals, as opposed to the store-bought processed salt which does more harm than good.

Here's an article about 4 pure salts that are much better for you...

http://www.naturalnews.com/043001_specialty_salts_nutritional_diet_healthy_minerals.html

Four specialty salts that can change your health for the better

Friday, November 22, 2013 by: Carolanne Wright

(NaturalNews) With depleted soils and environmental toxins, consuming a mineral-rich diet is much more taxing now than in the past. Even when the diet is 100 percent organic, ensuring the proper level of nutrients can be difficult. Natural, unprocessed salt can help balance the odds in your favor. Brimming with essential trace elements, these salts are not only delicious but also exceptionally nourishing.

Salt varieties and benefits
Have a look at the four unique salts highlighted below and learn how this small addition can have a big impact on health.

Natural gray sea salt - Supplying all 92 trace minerals, this salt promotes alkalinity, improves digestion, encourages resistance to infections and alleviates skin diseases as well as allergies. Sun-dried and unprocessed, gray sea salt retains all its health-giving nutrients. Harvested by expert salt makers, it's collected with wooden hand tools from pristine salt flats rich in clay. Since the clay ionizes the minerals, electrolytes are enhanced.

Hawaiian red volcanic salt - Containing more than 80 minerals, this is one of the most nutrient-dense salts around. Also known as alaea, its pinkish color is due to a high content of red volcanic clay. It is also unrefined and solar evaporated. Hawaiians believe that the salt is exceptionally healing and detoxifying, and it has been historically used in ceremonial and purification practices.

Black Indian salt - Ranging in color from dark pink to deep violet, black Indian salt has a strong sulfur odor and flavor when in its raw state. Used extensively in Ayurveda and Indian cooking, this salt is useful for detoxification and lends a distinct taste to food.

Himalayan pink crystal salt - Extracted from ancient sea bed deposits that are roughly 250 million years old, this is an extremely pristine salt variety. Considered a full-spectrum salt, it contains an impressive 84 minerals and sports a beautiful light rose color. The minerals are in colloidal form, making it easy for cells to utilize the nutrients. Himalayan salt also has a mild taste that won't overwhelm food. It's an excellent preparedness item, since it stores indefinitely and provides essential nourishment.

Additionally, unprocessed mineral-rich salt improves:

Blood sugar levels

Kidney and gall bladder health

Libido

Absorption of nutrients

Respiratory function

Sleep quality

Vascular health

Alkalinity

Uses

Full-spectrum salt can be used both internally and externally, depending on the purpose. For cooking, it's best to use as a finishing salt when the meal is ready to serve, which helps protect the salt from damage. An exception is with black Indian salt - it should always be used during the cooking process and not after. Himalayan cookware grade salt blocks are another option. Used on a gas range, food is cooked on the smooth surface, infusing the meal with trace minerals and flavor.

Externally, salt can be utilized as a scrub to clarify and polish the skin, as well as to stimulate the lymphatic system. Likewise, dissolving 1 cup of salt along with 2 cups of baking soda in a warm bath will create a detoxifying soak.

A more therapeutic approach is found with sole, which is unprocessed salt dissolved in water. One of the many uses of sole is for nasal irrigation - a technique which helps defend against bacterial and viral infections, allergies and sleep apnea. Complete instructions for making and using sole can be found here.

Sources:

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com

http://www.electrical-sensitivity.info

http://www.radianthealthstrategies.com

http://www.ehow.com

http://science.naturalnews.com

Here's another article that shows how important salt is in our diets. But the processed salt sold in the stores is not good for you. It is stripped from all the essential ingredients and minerals.

Himalayan salt, however, is the kind you may want to order. I have been using it for years, to replace the table salt, for my sinus rinse and also a salt inhaler, which helps my asthma.

http://www.naturalnews.com/043692_Himalayan_salt_detoxify_mineral_deficiency.html

Himalayan salt can help mineralize and detoxify the body

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 by: Michael Ravensthorpe

(NaturalNews) Salt is an essential nutrient that our bodies require for transporting nutrients into and out of our cells, regulating blood pressure, exchanging ions and much more. However, not all salts are equal. Table salt, which has been stripped of all its minerals except sodium and chloride, for instance, will not have the same positive biological impact upon our bodies as pure, unrefined salt that boasts a robust mineral profile.

One of the most nutritious and "complete" salts we can purchase today is Himalayan salt, a salt that has been formed over millions of years in the Himalayas and which contains so many macrominerals and trace minerals that it is actually pink in color. In this article, you'll learn more about the health benefits of Himalayan salt and how it can help transform even the blandest of meals into a powerhouse of nutrition.

Reasons to love Himalayan salt

Rich in minerals - Himalayan salt's biggest draw, of course, is its dense concentration of minerals. According to a spectral analysis provided by The Meadow, Himalayan salt contains 84 minerals, electrolytes and elements - a staggering number considering that only 118 elements are known to science. For this reason, adding more Himalayan salt to your diet can help rectify virtually any mineral deficiency you might have. Significantly, Himalayan salt contains iodine, magnesium, zinc, iron and calcium - the five minerals in which the United States population are most deficient. Widespread iodine deficiencies (largely blamed on ongoing soil erosion) is an especially serious issue, since iodine plays an essential role in the functioning of the metabolism-controlling thyroid gland. If you add more Himalayan salt to your food, however, you won't need to worry about an iodine deficiency ever again.

Sodium content - Unsurprisingly, one of the minerals in which Himalayan salt is richest is sodium. Though sodium suffers from a bad reputation due to its connection with processed foods, real, unprocessed sodium is needed by our bodies. It helps regulate blood volume and thus blood pressure, but also helps control muscle contractions, heart functions and nerve transmissions. The recommended daily intake (RDI) of sodium is between 1,500-2,300 milligrams for men and women between the ages of 9-50; one teaspoon of Himalayan salt contains approximately 400 milligrams of it.

Detoxification - Though it is traditionally eaten with food, Himalayan salt's impressive mineral profile also lends it well to external detoxification. For example, you can't find a better salt than Himalayan salt in which to bathe; its minerals and negative ions easily penetrate the skin, producing a cleansing and detoxifying effect that can leave your skin and mind feeling rejuvenated and invigorated for hours thereafter. Likewise, Himalayan salt has a positive effect on our air. It's not a coincidence that virtually all reputable salt lamps are made using Himalayan salt rather than table salt or sea salt; its negative ions bind themselves to positive ions in the air, neutralizing it and ridding it of pollutants.

Purchasing advice

Himalayan salt can be purchased in health food stores or online, and is usually sold as fine or coarse grains. Fine-grained Himalayan salt is recommend, since the small, unobtrusive crystals are far easier to incorporate into most meals. When purchasing your salt, remember to check that it is pink in color; this indicates that the salt is dense in minerals.

Sources for this article include:

http://www.atthemeadow.com

http://www.smartlivingnetwork.com

http://science.naturalnews.com/salt.html

To: ALL3 of 7
While we all know that it is wise to reduce our salt intake, that mainly applies to processed salt. The Himalayan rock salt I use has all 82 or so ingredients that is needed by our bodies, while process salts only have a few of these and is not good for you. Water is also needed by our bodies, and this site on water cures talks about even more reason to drink plenty of fluoride-free water...
http://www.watercures.org/
Water Cures: The Free Solution for Better Health

The scientifically proven way to improve health, Water Cures is your Solution

The Water Cures is the foundation of good health. We drink water and take electrolytes every day in order to live. Follow the protocol and you will live better. In health care, it's called fluid and electrolyte balance.

Water Cures: The Foundation for Holistic Health Care and Healing

Learn how the Water Cure (water and unprocessed salt) cures more than thirst
  • Mindlessly lose weight
  • Help you sleep better
  • Stop leg cramps now and forever
  • Stop a heart attack
  • Lower your blood pressure
  • Make headaches disappear
  • Get gout relief
  • End your depression
  • How water and unprocessed salt helps over 70 diseases or conditions.
To: ALL4 of 7
I like Natural News, the online news site that has taught me a lot about nutrition and the natural way of eating and living. It is always good to find another site that is completely independent and find they say much the same thing, and more. This water cures site has given me a lot new information that I think is vital in staying healthy and living longer.

http://www.watercures.org/asthma-natural-treatment.html

The Best Asthma Natural Treatment

The best asthma natural treatment: Water Cures, using sea salt and water. Why? The answer is simple.

Our bodies have remarkable healing abilities if we give them the proper nutrients to rebuild. Asthma and what it causes you to experience is usually a sign and symptom of chronic fluid and electrolyte imbalance. This means we are not getting enough water, enough of the right minerals and salt.

Asthma Natural Treatment

If we provide the proper nutrients, water and electrolytes, our body will eliminate many of the health issues it faces. Many have found that asthma is one such disease that responds to the water cures. It should be added to the list of asthma natural treatments.

Of all the natural asthma treatments, the safest and the most effective is the one that most closely fulfills the human body needs is Water Cures. One of the most important needs is hydration and electrolytes.

These needs are best filled with unprocessed sea salt and water. The first thing most patients get when entering the hospital is a bag of normal saline given IV. This is nothing more than salt and water given into the veins.

The fact is, most people are not providing enough water and salt for their bodies needs. Even worse, most of those who suffer with asthma have an electrolyte and mineral imbalance.

This has been perpetuated by a myth that we need to reduce salt consumption as it will raise blood pressure. A 2011 study found that reducing salt increases risk of heart disease risk. It also found that a reduced salt diet did not reduce the risk of dying or of having heart disease.

Less Salt Is Bad For Your Health

The research found that consuming less salt increases cholesterol and triglycerides. But wait, it gets worse.

Low salt also increases hormones that help regulate our salt levels. In other words, it causes us to retain salt rather than get rid of it in our urine.

The fact is, we need to reduce table salt, an unnatural form of salt and need to start consuming unprocessed natural salt. Even the kind of water we drink plays a role in our health. If it was chlorinated, although filtering is good, the water is not the best for you. More on water will be posted in the future.

Unprocessed sea salt has the necessary sodium chloride along with numerous other trace elements that are essential for life. The elements act as buffers making the salt safe for consumption. With out these buffers, salt is unhealthy.

The minerals are essential. Even more so for those suffering with asthma. If you have asthma, you may be depleted in certain essential minerals.

Why Not Just Take Supplements?

Simply taking supplements because you are depleted is also not natural. For most people, eating the right diet along with proper hydration is all that is needed to help manage and in some cases, eliminate the symptoms associated with many diseases.

When taking supplements, the phytochemicals in the fruits, vegetables and grains are often taken out or destroyed in the process. When we take supplements, we are taking something unnatural.

There may be research on the supplements but who paid for it. This is not to say they are bad or we should not take them. They do have their place. The question is, is there a better way?

Consider milk. We were taught for decades, that you got to have milk to get the calcium you need for strong bones. Ironically, nobody ever asked, how do cows get strong bones? Or how do dear, antelope or even lions and tigers and bears get strong bones, oh my?

They do not need supplements yet they have strong bones. They do not even drink milk once weaned yet they have strong bones. And they do it all naturally.

Lesson for us...the closer to natural we can be, the healthier we will be.

But is not salt bad for us?

Do Dill Pickles Cause Cancer?

There are studies that claim that salt increases blood pressure. For instance, one study suggested blood pressure was affected by body mass (size and weight) and salt intake.

Here is what the study said, "CONCLUSION: The findings of this study suggest that the association between salt intake and blood pressure is related to body weight and WC."

Were they eating more salt because they were eating more salt? Was it the salt or the extra carbs that was causing the blood pressure increase? Or was it the extra MSG in the extra foods they were eating?

It might be noted, research shows we are not fat because we overeat. We over eat because we are fat. Our bodies want to maintain ourselves wherever they may be weight wise (or unwise).

Unfortunately, this is like saying that there is an association of eating dill pickles and getting cancer.

Think about it. Of all the people who eat dill pickles, 1 in 3 will get cancer in their life time. That is a significant number but means nothing with out a control.

In Japan, where there is the lowest dill pickle consumption in the world, there is also the lowest cancer rate. And Eskimos, who never eat dill pickles, never get cancer.

By the way, did you know ice cream can cause cancer too? Studies show that 1 in three people who consume ice cream will get cancer in their lifetime.

Back to the when we get fat, we eat more theory. We do not necessarily get fat because we eat more. We eat more because we are fat. When we eat more, guess what, we will have more salt in our diet.

Also, the study looked at table salt consumption, not unprocessed sea salt with the natural buffers that make it the best asthma natural treatment.

Countless users of water cures have lowered their blood pressure by increasing their salt and water consumption.

And now, many more are finding that the best asthma natural treatment is using the water cures protocol.

Note: Water Cures is not for everyone. As an asthma natural treatment, consumers using it say it really works. There are other holistic asthma treatments that also work. For most, Water Cures can be used in conjunction with almost any asthma remedy.

Our Asthma Research:

Our initial research is done and the results of what we have learned is provided for your benefit. The water cures works! As we grow as a non-profit, we will be continuing to research the Water Cures Protocol for treating asthma. We are planning ongoing clinical trials to find which salt works best and the various types of water that can finally help put an end to asthma. The goal, find the best asthma natural treatment.

More Respiratory System

The Water Cures Protocol

Water Cures Asthma

To: ALL5 of 7
I happened to find this site and will refer to it often. I do drink a lot of spring water, and now will try adding a little salt to it. Of course, I won't use the processed store salt, but the Himalayan rock salt that I buy specially for not only my food consumption, but also for my salt inhaler and nasal spray.

http://www.watercures.org/water-cures-asthma.html

Water Cures Asthma

Here you will learn something I discovered as a child, sea salt and water cures asthma.

• NOTE: While medical health sites say steer clear of any site that claims a cure for asthma because one does not exist, consider this. We are not selling anything. We are applying the most fundamental principles of how to get your optimal health. This is something you can try for yourself, see if it works and decide for yourself. We are not recommending discontinuing your medications or your doctors advice. Until clinical trials are completed, this is an option, especially if you should ever be in the absence of your inhalers or asthma medications.
Gold-Fish-250-280.jpg

Asthma is a sign and symptom of chronic unintentional fluid and electrolyte imbalance.

You will not find this on the top of the list of asthma causes. You will find, if you try it, that it works. I know because of learning this first hand as a child before the book, Your Bodies Many Cries for Water was even a theory Dr. B was considering.

Cough Variant Asthma vs Chronic Bronchitis, the Differences.

Asthma Signs and Symptoms

Asthma Attack Home Remedy

Natural Cures For Asthma

Natural Remedies for Asthma

Asthma Natural Treatment

Alternative Medicine for Asthma

Asthma Remedy

Cause of Asthma

Asthma Cured with Sea Salt and Water

I unknowingly treated and cured my asthma as a child. It was thought that I grew out of the asthma. This was before we knew the effects of chronic smoke exposure. This is before we knew what COPD was. This is before the many modern treatments for asthma that exist today.

The treatment I discovered as a child was simply a combination of becoming a salt-a-holic and drinking alkaline water. What we know know is that the combination of salt and water help improve asthma symptoms. Asthma is the result of inflammation. Adding alkaline water, causing the body to become more alkaline, can help reduce inflammation.

We will review the asthma signs, symptoms, natural treatments and remedies. Water cures is an amazingly simple solution to asthma. Although there is little science, there are a number of doctors who are using this with their patients. They use it because it works.

Join us on a journey of the mind to learn how many have ended their affliction with asthma simply using sea salt and water. The information here is free. We are not selling this wisdom. It is yours free to use.

Good health to you and yours.

To: ALL6 of 7
We talked about water, and now here's more about the essential 82 elements that unprocessed salt has and how processed salt is so unhealthy...

http://www.naturalnews.com/032490_sodium_high_blood_pressure.html

Salt and Sodium - Question the concerns of the medical establishment

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 by: Paul Fassa

(NaturalNews) High sodium diets and high blood pressure (hypertension) cause coronary problems, even heart attacks. This has been the medical consensus for a long time that points to table salt as the major culprit. But how accurate is this consensus really? There are a growing number of medical practitioners who disagree, and some epidemiological studies have shown this consensus if flawed.

Salt and Sodium Differences

Just as it is with the bulk of commercial food sources, the table salt you see everywhere is processed. The essential and trace minerals are removed almost completely. This leaves processed table salt with only tainted sodium chloride. Pure unprocessed sea salt, including Celtic and Himalayan salts, contain several basic and trace minerals that contribute to health.

Processing salt involves the use of aluminum, ferrocyanide and bleach. These toxic materials replace the healthy minerals in unrefined salt and add to the toxicity of your body. Iodine is barely added to refined table salt anymore. It had been commonly added because the naturally occurring iodine was removed with processing.

Dr. David Brownstein, author of Salt Your Way to Health, advocates using pure, unrefined salt. He is keen on restoring iodine levels in our thyroids for better overall endocrine health. Besides containing iodine, pure sea salt is a factor for better iodine absorption from other sources.

Sea salt also contains potassium, which is vital for regulating pH balance along with sodium and chloride. Yes, untainted sodium chloride is vital for health. Chloride also contributes to creating digestive acids. Pure salt contains magnesium, the master mineral that is involved with over 300 cellular metabolic actions. Sulfur and other nutrients are in sea salt as well (Celtic salt analysis, source below).

Understand the listed minerals need to harmonize and balance with each other for optimum health contributions. Removing any of them destroys the balance nature intended.

Low Sodium Diets

There have been several international studies, including one in the mid-1990s that was conducted in NYC, a hotbed for hypertension, for eight years. These studies did not confirm the medical consensus of pushing low sodium diets for lower blood pressure and less heart attacks.

What was discovered was either no influence or in the case of the NYC study, a fourfold increase in coronaries among the low sodium diet participants. Maybe the low sodium participants with higher coronary incidents weren't aware of those other sodium compounds they were consuming with processed foods while eschewing table salt.

Within most processed or junk foods, there are other sodium combinations, such as sodium benzoate and mono-sodium glutamate (MSG). MSG has many aliases, making it tricky to notice the sodium word. Both of these are harmful additives. Yet when doctors recommend low sodium diets, the focus remains on seeing the words sodium chloride or salt on processed food labels.

The more dangerous sodium compounds are in those processed foods, along with processed salt or tainted sodium chloride without its balance of natural nutrients. The solution for all this is simple. Don't eat processed or junk food, and sprinkle unrefined sea salt for seasoning to your heart's content with basic whole foods without any form of added sodium.

Many of us use reverse osmosis to remove another toxic sodium compound, sodium fluoride, from our drinking water. But reverse osmosis removes a lot of natural minerals in the water. So many nutritional experts recommend adding a pinch of - sea salt!

Sea salt can be used liberally with a diet of mostly organic whole foods and purified water, not only for taste, but also for good health. Just shop for the best unprocessed, pure sea salt.

Sources for more information include:
Celtic sea salt analysis http://www.curezone.com/foods/salt/Celtic_Se...

Recent Belgian Study http://www.themedifastplan.com/main/new-stud...

The NTC hypertension study http://www.saltworks.us/salt_info/si_SaltAnd...

Confronting Salt Confusions http://www.naturalnews.com/026093_salt_sodiu...

To: ALL7 of 7
Here's yet another article about how unprocessed salt is good for you and the processed salt is like a poison...

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/03/05/end-war-on-salt.aspx

The Guilty Pleasure that Could Save You From Heart Disease

By Dr. Mercola

For many decades now, U.S. policy makers have been attempting to get Americans to eat less salt. But the drive to do this has little basis in science.

In fact, a recent meta-analysis by the Cochrane Review involving a total of 6,250 subjects found no strong evidence that cutting salt intake reduces the risk for heart attacks, strokes or death.1

Another study published last year found that lower salt consumption actually increased your risk of death from heart disease.2 A review of the available research reveals that much of the science behind the supposed link between salt and high blood pressure is dubious at best. According to Scientific American:3

"Intersalt, a large study published in 19884, compared sodium intake with blood pressure in subjects from 52 international research centers and found no relationship between sodium intake and the prevalence of hypertension.

In fact, the population that ate the most salt, about 14 grams a day, had a lower median blood pressure than the population that ate the least, about 7.2 grams a day...

Studies that have explored the direct relationship between salt and heart disease have not fared much better... For every study that suggests that salt is unhealthy, another does not."

The Tenuous Link Between Salt and Heart Disease

Melinda Moyer, writing for Scientific American, points out that the evidence linking salt to high blood pressure and heart disease has always been on the flimsy side, stating:5

"Fears over salt first surfaced more than a century ago. In 1904 French doctors reported that six of their subjects who had high blood pressure—a known risk factor for heart disease—were salt fiends.

Worries escalated in the 1970s when Brookhaven National Laboratory's Lewis Dahl claimed that he had "unequivocal" evidence that salt causes hypertension: he induced high blood pressure in rats by feeding them the human equivalent of 500 grams of sodium a day. (Today the average American consumes 3.4 grams of sodium, or 8.5 grams of salt, a day.)

Dahl also discovered population trends that continue to be cited as strong evidence of a link between salt intake and high blood pressure. People living in countries with a high salt consumption—such as Japan—also tend to have high blood pressure and more strokes.

But as a paper pointed out several years later in the American Journal of Hypertension, scientists had little luck finding such associations when they compared sodium intakes within populations, which suggested that genetics or other cultural factors might be the culprit.

Nevertheless, in 1977 the U.S. Senate's Select Committee on Nutrition and Human Needs released a report recommending that Americans cut their salt intake by 50 to 85 percent, based largely on Dahl's work."

This is certainly not the first time a stubborn dogmatic belief has grown out of a hypothesis that later turned out to be incorrect. The same applies to the saturated-fat-is-bad-for-your-heart myth, which is based on cherry-picked data… Since the days of Lewis Dahl, a long list of studies has failed to prove ANY benefits of a low-salt diet, and in fact many tend to show the opposite. In addition to the ones already mentioned above, the following studies also came up with negative results:

A 2004 meta analysis by the Cochrane Collaboration reviewed 11 salt-reduction trials and found that, in otherwise healthy people, over the long-term, low-salt diets decreased systolic blood pressure by 1.1 millimeters of mercury (mmHg) and diastolic blood pressure by 0.6 mmHg. That equates to reducing your blood pressure from 120/80 to 119/79.6 In conclusion, the authors stated that:

"Intensive interventions, unsuited to primary care or population prevention programs, provide only minimal reductions in blood pressure during long-term trials."
        A 2003 Cochrane review of 57 short-term studies concluded that "there is little evidence for long-term benefit from reducing salt intake."7
        A 2006 study in the American Journal of Medicine study compared the reported daily sodium intakes of 78 million Americans to their risk of dying from heart disease over the course of 14 years. The study concluded that lower sodium diets led to HIGHER mortality rates among those with cardiovascular disease, which "raised questions regarding the likelihood of a survival advantage accompanying a lower sodium diet."8

For an even more comprehensive list of research, please see this previous article.

Not All Salt is Created Equal

Not only is salt relatively benign, it's actually a nutritional goldmine, IF you consume the right kind. Modern table salt has very little in common with natural, unrefined salt. The first will damage you health while the latter is profoundly healing. Here's a quick break-down of their basic ingredients:

Natural salt: 84 percent sodium chloride, 16 percent naturally-occurring trace minerals, including silicon, phosphorous and vanadium
        Processed (table) salt: 97.5 percent sodium chloride, 2.5 percent man-made chemicals, such as moisture absorbents and flow agents. These are dangerous chemicals like ferrocyanide and aluminosilicate. A small amount of iodine may also be added

(Some European countries, where water fluoridation is not practiced, also add fluoride to table salt. In France, 35 percent of table salt sold contains either sodium fluoride or potassium fluoride and use of fluoridated salt is widespread in South America)

The processing also radically alters the structure of the salt. Refined table salt is dried above 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit, and this excessive heat alters the natural chemical structure of the salt.9

The Healing Benefits of Unrefined Natural Salt