Curing asthma naturally

To: ALL1 of 61
This is a very tough nut to crack. I have had asthma since the early 80s when I had bronchitis two years in a row, thus scarring my bronchial tubes.

For years I was on the emergency inhaler for sudden symptoms. Then I started using steroid inhalers for a more long-term relief. For the past few years, I have used Advair successfully. With using Advair once a day, I hardly ever had to use my emergency inhaler.

Then the costs of health insurance forced my company to make drastic changes to the health insurance they offered. I am now on a consumer-managed health insurance that is much more expensive for the patients. I have to meet a $5,500 deductible before the insurance really kicks in. In the meantime, I have to pay the majority of the costs.

Because of the insurance plan, I had to cut down on my intake of Advair. I bought a book called Asthma-Free Naturally: Everything You Need to Know About Taking Control of Your Asthma- ByPatrick McKeown.

http://www.amazon.com/Asthma-Free-Naturally-Everything-Asthma-Featuring-Breathing/dp/0007210361

It featured the Buteyko Breathing Method, and I started using that. What it entailed was taking slow natural breaths and then holding your breath as long as comfortable. Then you kept a chart of the time between breaths and did that every morning.

The techniques described in this book seemed to help a lot, for the first couple years anyway. However, this past year has been a tough year for me. I was using the Advair every other day as asthma attacks were happening more often, mainly at night or in the cold winter weather. Exercise also triggered attacks.

Using this method, my reliance of the Advair was reduced drastically. Here's a brief analysis of my Excel chart from Sun. Nov. 29, 2009 to today.

From Sun. Nov. 29-Jan. 1, 2010, I had to use the Advair only once.

Didn't use my Advair again until Fri, May 21, 2010. Then used Advair only 3 times until July 1 that year. Then I started using it more often, using it 11 times through Sept. 3, 2010. From that point on, I used it 3-4 times a week.

This year has been the worst year, having to use it at least every other day. Then this week was the absolute worse,
I have had to use Advair every day for the past week. I did a search on Google for a more natural cure for asthma. Came up with this product that had some good reviews...

http://www.respitrol.com/?utm_campaign=Respitrol-G&utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_term=cure%20for%20asthma&gclid=CN_ynv_t8q0CFYPc4AodDX3Ssw

Respitrol.

Discover the Natural Medicine Guaranteed* to Relieve Asthma Symptoms and Support Your Return to an Active, Healthy Lifestyle

- Safely and quickly relieves asthma symptoms including chest tightness, shortness of breath, wheezing and coughing

- Provides therapeutic support for normal airflow, more energy and better overall health

- Provides fast, effective, natural asthma symptom relief in children and adults with no negative side effects*

In addition to its powerful asthma symptom-relieving effects, Respitrol helps supplement your diet with vital organic nutrients you may be missing as a result of modern a lifestyle. Replenishing your body with these nutrients daily helps to increase cellular oxygen detoxification for better overall health.
Unique Dual-Action Symptom Relief + Healthy Lifestyle Support Makes Respitrol the Natural Choice for Asthma Relief

Discover why so many people choose Respitrol for safe, effective and natural asthma
symptom relief . . .

Respitrol is a registered OTC natural medicine, formulated with FDA approved active homeopathic ingredients, as listed in the HPUS, Homeopathic Materia Medica, as well as the US National Library of Medicine.

The active homeopathic ingredients in Respitrol are delivered using a superior non-alcohol, non-irritating oligotherapy water base to support the body's natural balance.

Bio-available liquid medicine is easy to administer for fast and effective relief while supporting optimal energy, strength and vitality.

Respitrol provides a safe relief formula that supports your overall health and medication regimen, effectively incorporating an integrated medicine approach to your healthy lifestyle choices.

Discover the peace of mind that comes with selecting a natural medicine that will relieve symptoms without negative side effects.
To: ALL2 of 61
As I posted above, the book Asthma Free Naturally really worked. One thing that I didn't do the past few years is to take my pulse and constantly watch my breathing, which could be sporadic and I would often breathe through my mouth, which this book said can trigger asthma. I was going to scan some of the book and post it here, but the author offers the first chapter of the book free...

http://www.buteykoasthmabooks.com/asthmafree.html

Asthma Free Naturally

by Patrick McKeown

Chapter One- Asthma For Beginners

"No matter what treatment you avail of and no matter what medications you take for your asthma, as long as you continue to overbreathe, you will continue to have asthma."

This book is about taking control of your asthma safely and without the need for medication. You will read about how I transformed myself from an acute asthmatic with a permanent illness requiring daily drug intake - and hospitalisation from time to time - to a virtual non-asthmatic who is totally free from asthma symptoms, attacks? and medication.
This non-medical treatment is based on the life's work of Russian respiratory physiologist, Professor Konstantin Buteyko, who developed a programme of exercises to foster correct breathing. The Buteyko Breathing Method is based on bodily processes, not on a placebo or any other effect. All persons with asthma can learn it and use it; the method is very simple, will entail minimum disruption to your life, and you will notice an improvement in as little as seven days.

Asthma was diagnosed when I was very young. Initially my condition was mild and consisted of just occasional wheezing and breathlessness. The treatment consisted of using an Intal inhaler. I only had an attack occasionally, so my asthma didn't really disrupt my life.

When I reached the age of ten, my asthma deteriorated so I was prescribed a Ventolin inhaler which guaranteed me immediate relief from the symptoms. I had to take a Uniphyiulum tablet each night as well. At the time, just one puff of Ventolin dealt with any breathing difficulty I experienced. My asthma was under control.

With the best of intentions, our doctor told my mother that children with asthma very often 'grow out of it' during their teenage years. Time and time again, I was assured that this should happen, and it offered a ray of hope for me, but this hope was never realised. As I grew into adulthood, the dose needed to maintain control of my asthma increased. One puff of Ventolin per day was no longer enough. Soon I was taking two, five, eight and even ten puffs a day.

One weekend, when I was in my early twenties, I was brought to James Connolly Memorial Hospital with an asthma attack, and I was told that I was being treated for acute asthma. Two weeks of large doses of oral steroids later, I returned home.

As the years passed, the amount of medication I needed continued to increase.It seemed to me that I was going steadily downhill, and I became gradually more concerned about the effect that the increasing levels of medication might be having on my asthma, general health and well-being.

Many people with asthma can relate to this summary of the steady progression of the condition. What starts off as an occasional wheeze soon develops into continuous asthma symptoms; while one puff of medication deals with asthma symptoms in the early stages, dependency on medication increases remorselessly.

The first indication I had that there was a viable alternative to taking a Ventolin inhaler in secret arrived in my early twenties, when I happened upon an article in the Irish Independent newspaper about a breathing therapy developed by a Russian professor which seemed to be effective in helping people with asthma. Over the years, I had already tried acupuncture, Chinese herbs, deep-breathing exercises and indeed any other therapy that I felt might help. When the Buteyko Breathing Method was featured in a magazine article shortly afterwards, I decided to find out more.

I started my search for knowledge by contacting Buteyko practitioners from around the world via the Internet. I learned as much as possible about the application of the therapy and I purchased the limited publications and videos available at the time. I taught myself the technique, used it intensively, and I was pleasantly surprised at the rapid effect it had on my asthma. Intuitively, I felt that I understood the significance of Professor Buteyko's work? even before I began applying it.

In a matter of months, my asthma improved so dramatically that I could reduce my medication intake significantly. As my condition continued to improve and my medication intake continued to decrease, I felt that for the first time in my life my asthma was under control. The bonus for me was that I had achieved this myself. My days of secretly puffing Ventolin were behind me.

Elixir of life

Take a breath now, and think about it carefully. Breathing is the elixir of life. More than that, breathing is life. We humans can live without water for days and without food for weeks, but we cannot live without air for more than a few minutes. Think about how we Westerners view food and water: we know that the quantity and quality of food and water we consume determines our state of health. We know that having too little means starvation or dehydration, and that too much leads to obesity and other health problems.

Why then does the quantity and quality of our breathing receive so little attention? Surely breathing, which is so immediately essential to life, must meet certain conditions? Why have other cultures, particularly in the Eastern world, recognised the importance of correct breathing to health for thousands of years, when we clearly don't?

What is asthma?

There is no universally accepted definition of asthma. The Concise Oxford Dictionary describes it as "a disease of respiration characterised by difficult breathing, cough etc.". Any good medical book will describe it in more technical terms but 'difficult breathing' is the part with which any asthma sufferer is familiar, even if it varies from mildly uncomfortable to life-threatening. Asthma is news now. There was a dramatic increase in asthma in the late twentieth century to the extent that an estimated 100 to 150 million people in the world are now affected by it, but it is not a recent phenomenon. (1)

The term "asthma" is a Greek translation of gasping or panting, and the problem was treated as far back as 2000 BC by Chinese doctors with the herb Ma Huang. The first known recording of the symptoms was about 3,500 years ago in an ancient Egyptian manuscript called Ebers Papyrus. Throughout the ages, asthma has received varying degrees of attention; the symptoms and their accompanying anxiety have been described by many prominent historical figures, including the famous Greek physician, Hippocrates.

Over the centuries, there has been an assortment of different theories about the causes of asthma, and so an eclectic range of remedies has been advised, including horse riding, strong coffee, tobacco, faith healing, chloroform and even drinking the blood of owls in wine, as practised by the ancient Romans.

It was not until the eighteenth century that Lavoisier provided the first real account of the functioning of the lungs, thereby providing the basis of modern-day understanding of the respiratory system and asthma. Prior to this, it was commonly believed that air was drawn into the lungs to cool the body. Lavoisier's contribution was that air is drawn in to be converted to energy by the metabolism, and that carbon dioxide and heat are produced as end products of the process. Lavoisier's work recognised that oxygen is essential to sustaining life.

Asthma now affects more people throughout the world, particularly in more developed countries, than at any other time in evolution. It inflicts greater economic and social damage in Western Europe than either TB or HIV, according to the World Health Organisation's (WHO) April 2002 report on the links between ill health in children and the deteriorating environment.

The position in selected developed countries may be summed up as follows (all figures are approximate):

Asthma Diagnosed (millions) Population (millions) %
USA (2) 20 285 7.0
UK (3) 5.1 60 8.5
Australia (4) 2 19 10.5
Ireland (5) 0.3 3.9 7.7

According to the 1998 International Study of Asthma and Allergies in Childhood (ISAAC), the countries with the highest twelve-month incidence of asthma were the UK, Australia, New Zealand and the Republic of Ireland followed by North, Central and South America. The same report found that the lowest rates were in centres in several Eastern European countries, followed by Indonesia, Greece, China, Taiwan, Uzbekistan, India and Ethiopia. Other studies show that the rate of asthma among rural Africans who migrate to cities and adopt a more 'western' urbanised lifestyle increases dramatically. According to the UCB Institute of Allergy in Belgium, the incidence of asthma in Western Europe has doubled in the last ten years. (1)

In the Western world, asthma crosses all class, race, geography and gender boundaries. Although it causes persistent asthma symptoms among seventy per cent of all people diagnosed with it, asthma causes only minor discomfort to the majority. In fact, some of the most influential people of our time in all walks of life were asthmatic, including Russian Tzar Peter the Great, actors Liza Minnelli, Jason Alexander and Elizabeth Taylor, revolutionary Che Guevara, and former US presidents John F Kennedy, Calvin Coolidge and Theodore Roosevelt. All these have lived life to the full or are still living it.

What are the symptoms?

Asthma consists of inflammation, tightening and swelling of the airways in the respiratory system, resulting in obstruction of the flow of air to and from the lungs. The symptoms of asthma include breathlessness, wheezing, coughing and chest tightness. Sufferers may also have a blocked nose and hay fever, or rhinitis. The symptoms and their severity are peculiar to the individual, and they vary from season to season and according to the individual's susceptibility to a wide range of triggers.

An 'asthma attack' is the term used to describe an episode of breathing difficulty. In some cases, this may follow exposure to a specific trigger, such as dust, pollen, or certain foods. In other cases there appears to be no particular trigger. Some people have a cough and no wheeze, while others may have a wheeze and very little coughing, but each case is accompanied by some level of breathing difficulty. Symptoms may occur periodically, on a day-to-day or season-to-season basis, or they may be more or less continuous.

A 'trigger' is something that makes asthma worse. The most common triggers include (in alphabetical order): allergies; cigarette smoking (and cigarette smoke for non-smokers); colds and 'flu; cold air; dust mites; exercise under certain circumstances; moulds; noxious fumes; pollens; stress, and weather types such as fog and damp. In some instances an asthma attack may be triggered by a combination of catalysts. Anxiety can be caused by the variations on the asthma theme, particularly where a child is involved.

There is also a wide variety in the symptoms of asthma. The following is a list of those most commonly experienced by sufferers.

Wheeze

Breathlessness

Coughing

Chest tightness

Frequent yawning

Non-asthmatics can, of course, observe these symptoms, but they will not appreciate the feelings of tension, panic, uncertainty and helplessness which accompany them, particularly when the asthmatic struggles to breathe. If you are not an asthmatic, imagine trying to breathe while a pillow is being pressed firmly over your face. That feeling you imagine is the feeling someone with asthma has during an attack. In your case, the imaginary pillow can be easily removed to allow you to breathe effortlessly; for an asthmatic, the remedy is not so simple.

Given the variety of symptoms and their severity, diagnosing a condition that has no commonly accepted definition is not an exact science. Many asthma symptoms are also the symptoms of other conditions, such as chronic bronchitis or bronchiectasis, for example. Diagnosis has to take into account the chronic nature of asthma and the constriction of the airways due to inflammation by various cells and chemicals. Generally, diagnosis of asthma is based on the following factors.

History of the patient

Lung function tests

Effect of reliever or steroidal medication

Provocation test

Skin tests to determine allergies

Chest x-ray

Your respiratory system

The volume of air we inhale and exhale is measured in litres, and measurements are usually taken over one minute. In conventional medicine, the accepted number of breaths a healthy person takes in one minute is ten to twelve, with each breath drawing in a volume of 500 millilitres. In a full minute, this provides the body with a total volume of five to six litres. If a person is breathing at a higher rate of twenty breaths, for example, then the volume will also be higher, and vice-versa. To visualise this amount of air, imagine how much air would be contained in a two-litre soft drink bottle.

Where to now?

A new beginning is emerging in the treatment of asthma, aimed at getting to the root cause of the problem. By addressing the cause rather than the symptoms that are the effect, sufferers finally have the ability to be able to take control of their own condition, naturally and permanently. This new beginning is based on the life's work of Russian scientist, Professor Konstantin Buteyko. Before we can begin to look at how you can change your own life, we must take a brief look at his.

Over four decades, Professor Buteyko completed pioneering work on illnesses which develop as a result of breathing a volume of air greater than the body requires. His work provided mankind with probably the greatest discovery to date in the field of medicine.

As a medical student, Konstantin observed hundreds of sick patients, and realised that their breathing was closely related to the extent of their illness. The greater the volume of air which a patient inhaled, the greater their sickness, he discovered. This relationship was so precise that he was able to predict accurately the exact time when ill patients would pass away.

Through his research, he devised a breathing programme for his patients based on reducing the amount of air that passed through their lungs. When each patient applied reduced breathing, all their bodily functions including pulse, volume of breathing per minute and blood pressure were monitored. The resulting data enabled him to refine and improve his method. Buteyko's theory is based on the life force of any organism: breathing.

Although research conducted in Russia in 1962 proved unequivocally the soundness of Buteyko's method, it was not until 1983 that the Committee on Inventions and Discoveries formally acknowledged his work. This recognition was backdated to January 29th, 1962. That backdating alone begs the question: if Konstantin Buteyko's discovery had been acknowledged earlier, how many more ill people would have been helped?

The first trials held in the Western world were at the Mater Hospital in Brisbane in 1995. After three months, the Buteyko group had seventy per cent less symptoms, ninety per cent less need for reliever medication and forty-nine per cent less need for steroids. Furthermore, those who corrected their breathing the most reduced their symptoms and need for medication the most. An article published in Australian Doctor on April 7th, 1995 was headed 'Doctors gasp at Buteyko success'.

In the forty-odd years since Buteyko's discovery, it has improved the health and saved the lives of many thousands of people. Now that his enlightening revelation is becoming better known in the Western world, it will improve the health and save the lives of many more. You could be one of them.
To: ALL3 of 61
In my 3 year search on how to cure my asthma naturally, I have come across some great articles. Natural News is one of my main sources for good, healthy alternative cures to disorders. Here's one article they had on their site about curing asthma naturally...

http://www.naturalnews.com/033531_asthma_cures.html

Reverse asthma naturally

Friday, September 09, 2011 by: Dr. David Jockers

(NaturalNews) Asthma is one of the most common inflammatory conditions of the lung. It is characterized by variable and recurring symptoms, bronchospasm and reversible airflow obstructions. Reverse asthma with natural lifestyle interventions, modulate the immune system and de-inflame the body.

Asthma is more of an immune imbalance than it is a lung disease. When the immune system gets triggered, it causes an inflammatory reaction to occur within the lung epithelial tissue. The bronchial tubes swell with fluid and mucous in order to isolate the insulting allergen. This swelling irritates the airways even further which results in an increased level of sensitivity.

Common environmental allergens that trigger the inflammatory immune response include mold, mites, dust, dander, chemicals & pollutants. It is critical to keep the home clean by using natural cleaning products with grape seed extract, which is a potent anti-fungal that keeps mold down. Dust and vacuum the house regularly and use high quality air filters.

The most common food allergens include processed and refined foods of all kinds. Food additives and preservatives like sodium bisulfite, potassium metabisulfite, and sulfur dioxide have caused severe attacks in asthmatics. Pasteurized dairy products, gluten containing grains, soy products, & peanuts are also highly inflammatory and mucous forming foods.

Asthmatics typically have a dysbiotic gut that is damaged and leaks out undigested food particles. This is at least partially responsible for the heightened immune sensitivity. Stabilizing the gut with high quality fermented foods such as red cabbage sauerkraut, kimchee, coconut kefir, raw milk kefir and amasai is very important.

Apple Cider vinegar is very useful for providing useful enzymes and reducing mucous formation. Drink a glass of clean water with 1-2 Tsp of ACV throughout the day to reduce mucous and to provide beneficial enzymes that help reduce inflammation.

An anti-inflammatory diet and lifestyle are critical for full recovery from these conditions. Anti-inflammatory foods help to modulate the immune system and give it a more accurate pair of eyes so as to not over-inflame when stimulated. To effectively de-inflame it is key to completely avoid man-made foods, sugars, and food allergens as listed above. The long chain omega 3 fatty acids EPA and DHA powerfully de-inflame the body by restoring natural balance to the lipid wall of the cell membrane.

Other great anti-inflammatory foods include coconut products, berries, and non-denatured, whey protein from grass-fed cows and goats. This protein source is also loaded with L-glutamine and enhances cellular glutathione stores, which are both necessary for rebuilding the gut and de-inflaming the body.

Red onions and garlic contain sulfur compounds and the anti-oxidant flavonoid quercetin. These components have been shown to inhibit an inflammatory enzyme associated with asthma and other inflammatory disorders. Anti-inflammatory herbs such as turmeric, ginger, boswellia, cinnamon, rosemary, & oregano among others should be used as much as possible.

Vitamin D deficiency has been linked to increased rates of asthma. In over 60 years of research, scientists have found vitamin D deficiency linked to lower lung functions, increased airway reactivity and worse asthmatic control. Vitamin D plays a strong role in modulating the inflammatory immune response by blocking pro-inflammatory cytokines such as interleukin 10. Asthma typically worsens in the winter and early spring when vitamin D is at its lowest.

Birth trauma and early childhood trauma to the upper cervical spine is highly associated with asthmatic symptoms. Chiropractic care focusing on the upper cervical region is particularly helpful for improving immunity and enhancing respiration. Chiropractic adjustments help to restore normal motion to the spine and optimal function to the neurological system. This modulates the immune system and reduces inflammation throughout the body.
To: ALL4 of 61
The following is the breathing instructions I copied from the Asthma-Free Naturally book...

Breathing Exercises

Measuring Control Pause

1. Sit in an upright chair and adopt a good posture. Relax your shoulders and rest your lower back against the back of the chair.

2. Do not change your breathing before taking your CP. Take a small breath in (2 seconds) and a small breath out (3 seconds). Hold your nose on the ‘out’ breath, with empty lungs but not too empty. Holding your nose is necessary to prevent air entering into the airways.

3. Count how many seconds you can comfortably last before you need to breathe in again. Hold your breath until you feel the first need to breathe in. Release your nose and breathe in through it.

4. Your first intake of breath after the CP should be no greater than your breath prior to taking measurements; you should not hold your breath for too long as this may cause you to take a big breath after measuring the CP.

Breathing Exercises Steps

1. Take your pulse, and note it
2. Control pause.
3. Reduced breathing for 5 minutes.
4. Control pause.
5. Reduced breathing for 5 minutes.
6. Control pause.
7. Reduced breathing for 5 minutes.
8. Control pause.
9. Reduced breathing for 5 minutes.
10. Control pause.
11. Check your pulse again and compare it with the reading you took at the start.

Summery of Exercise One

1. Set aside time when you will have no distractions.

2. Sit down and adopt the correct posture.

3. Relax your respiratory muscles.

4. Place your finger under your nose without blocking the air-flow.

5. Concentrate on reducing the amount of air that is blown onto your finger by monitoring the temperature of the air you are breathing out through your nose.

6. Reduce volume by taking very small breaths.

7. Your control pause should increase when the exercises have been completed.

8. Your pulse should decrease when the exercises have been completed.
To: ALL5 of 61
Here are some web sites that have information about the Buteyko Breathing Method...

http://www.breathingcenter.com/

http://www.pe2000.com/buteyko.html

http://www.normalbreathing.com/buteyko.php

And from Wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buteyko_method

Buteyko method

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Buteyko method or Buteyko Breathing Technique is a form of complementary or alternative physical therapy that proposes chronic "breathing retraining" as a treatment for asthma as well as other conditions. The method takes its name from the late Ukrainian doctor Konstantin Pavlovich Buteyko (Ukrainian: ???????), who first formulated its principles during the 1950s. This method is based on the assumption that numerous medical conditions, including asthma, are caused by chronically increased respiratory rate (hyperventilation). However, this theory is not widely supported in the medical community due to the lack of evidence supporting either the theory behind the method or that it works in practice. This method purportedly retrains the breathing pattern through chronic repetitive breathing exercises to correct for the hyperventilation, which, according to the method's proponents, will therefore cure asthma as well as any other conditions purportedly caused by hyperventilation. At the core of the Buteyko method is a series of reduced-breathing exercises that focus on nasal-breathing, breath-holding and relaxation.

Research into the use of the Buteyko method has focused almost exclusively on the treatment of asthma, and have had methodological problems. Studies have not found objective measures to support its use such as improvement in lung function, though there are results showing it could possibly improve subjective measures such as asthma symptoms and quality of life. Reviews of this literature have generally concluded that the evidence is not strong enough to recommend its use for the treatment of asthma based on the available evidence. Those exceptions that have recommended considering its use have noted it should be used with traditional therapies (and not in place of mainstream treatment) and is unlikely to affect or cure the underlying cause of asthma. There is no support for the use of the Buteyko method in other diseases, such as diabetes mellitus or any of the over 150 diseases supporters of this method claim to treat.

History

The Buteyko method was originally developed in the 1950s by physiologist Konstantin Buteyko in Russia.[1] The first official study into the effectiveness of the Buteyko Method on asthma was undertaken in 1968 at the Leningrad Institute of Pulmonology. The second, held at the First Moscow Institute of Pediatric Diseases in April 1980, eventually led to the head of the ministry of health to issue an order (No 591) for the implementation of the Buteyko method in the treatment of bronchial asthma.[2] Later, this method was introduced to Australia, New Zealand, Britain and the United States, where it has received increasing exposure.[1] Anecdotal reports of life-changing improvements attributed to the Buteyko method abound on the internet and in books.[3]

The Buteyko method is just one of a number of so-called breathing retraining methods in use for treating lung diseases, including conventional techniques such as physiotherapist led breathing exercises as well alternative medicine techniques like Buteyko such as yoga.[4]
[edit] Theory

The Buteyko method is based on the concept that "hidden" or undiagnosed hyperventilation is the underlying cause of numerous medical conditions, including asthma. It is known that hyperventilation can lead to low carbon dioxide levels in the blood (or hypocapnea), which can subsequently lead to disturbances of the acid-base balance in the blood and lower tissue oxygen levels. Advocates of this method believe that the effects of chronic hyperventilation would have even wider effects than is commonly accepted.[3] These effects include widespread spasms of the muscle in the airways (bronchospasm),[5] disturbance of cell energy production via the Krebs cycle, as well as disturbance of numerous vital homeostatic chemical reactions in the body. The Buteyko method is a purported method of "retraining" the body's breathing pattern to correct for the presumed chronic hyperventilation and hypocapnea, and thereby cure the body of these medical problems.[3]

The Buteyko method is not widely supported in the medical community, in part due to the fact that research has not supported this theory that hyperventilation and hypocapnea causes disease,[3] with one review noting that there is no convincing evidence to indicate that trying to change asthmatic's carbon dioxide level is either "desirable or achievable."[5] Studies that have looked for evidence to corroborate this theory, such as looking at the carbon dioxide levels in practitioners of Buteyko, have not found this evidence, leading some to propose alternate theoretical pathways for this method to improve symptoms.[3]
[edit] Description

Although variations exist among teachers of the technique in different countries, the main objective is "normalization" of breathing and the three core principles of Buteyko remain the same: nasal breathing, reduced breathing and relaxation.
[edit] Nasal breathing

The Buteyko method emphasizes the importance of nasal breathing, which protects the airways by humidifying, warming, and cleaning the air entering the lungs. A majority of asthmatics have problems sleeping at night, and this is thought to be linked with poor posture or unconscious mouth-breathing. By keeping the nose clear and encouraging nasal breathing during the day, night-time symptoms can also improve. Other methods of encouraging nasal breathing are full-face CPAP machines - commonly used to treat sleep apnea - or using a jaw-strap or paper-tape to keep the mouth closed during the night. Strictly nasal breathing during physical exercise is another key element of the Buteyko method.
[edit] Reduced breathing exercises

The core Buteyko exercises involve breath control; consciously reducing either breathing rate or breathing volume. Many teachers refer to Buteyko as 'breathing retraining' and compare the method to learning to ride a bicycle. Once time has been spent practicing, the techniques become instinctive and the exercises are gradually phased out as the condition improves.

Rather than using traditional peak flow measurements to monitor the condition of asthmatics, Buteyko uses a measurement called the Control Pause (CP), defined as the amount of time that an individual can comfortably hold breath after a normal exhalation. According to Buteyko teachers, with regular Buteyko reduced-breathing practice, asthmatics are expected to find that their CP gradually increases and their pulse rate decreases in parallel decreased asthma symptoms.
[edit] Relaxation

Dealing with asthma attacks is an important factor of Buteyko practice. The first feeling of an asthma attack is unsettling and can result in a short period of rapid breathing. By controlling this initial over-breathing phase, asthmatics can prevent a "vicious circle of over-breathing" from developing and spiraling into an asthma attack. This means that asthma attacks may be averted simply by breathing less.
[edit] Effectiveness

Advocates of the Buteyko method report a wide range of other diseases (numbering up to 150), including diabetes, reproductive disorders and psychological disorders, which they believe is caused by hyperventilation and hypocapnea, and therefore are cured by use of the Buteyko method. However, research into the effectiveness of Buteyko have focused almost exclusively on asthma with a small amount of research on sleep apnea.[3] Members of the medical community have been skeptical of the efficacy of Buteyko due to the often "exaggerated and unsubstantiated claims" made by Buteyko practitioners.[4]

A review of the medical literature have found few high quality studies such as randomized controlled trials looking at the efficacy of treating asthma with "breathing retraining" methods in general, which include the Buteyko method, yoga training and other relaxation techniques.[6] Many of the studies that have evaluated breathing retraining have significant methodological flaws, including small sample sizes,[7] possible patient selection bias as well as heterogeneity in design that makes coming to a firm conclusion difficult.[8] These studies are also hampered by the difficulty in proper blinding and placebo control which could introduce more bias into these studies.[7]

The results from these studies have found trends of subjective improvement in factors such as asthma symptoms and measurement of quality of life with use of the Buteyko method and possible reduced rescue inhaler usage.[4] However, these studies have found no improvement in objective measures such as peak flow and FEV1 which are the typical measures for measuring the severity of asthma, or carbon dioxide level in the blood.[6]

Based on these results and the known methodological problems with these studies, most reviews have found the evidence is not strong enough to make firm conclusions about the efficacy of the Buteyko method, and have called for more research, including larger trials involving more patients.[6][7][8][9][10] One review did recommend breathing retraining techniques in general, which includes techniques such as physiotherapist led breathing exercises and yoga breathing in addition to Buteyko, with the caveats that they be used only as adjunct to the typical treatment with medications and for symptom control only as these techniques are unlikely to affect the underlying processes causing the asthma.[4] An expert guideline by the Global Initiative for Asthma noted that results from one study suggested that improvement in symptoms may have a basis in non-physiological factors such as the placebo effect.[11]

Expert guidelines have been split on the utility of the Buteyko method. The British Thoracic Society stated the Buteyko method "may be considered to help patients control the symptoms of asthma" based on the limited studies to date while recognizing the lack of data showing an objective improvement in prior studies.[12] However, the U.S. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute asthma guideline concluded "there is insufficient evidence to suggest that breathing techniques provide clinical benefit to patients who have asthma."[13]
To: ALL6 of 61
In my search to find a natural cure for asthma and to get off of Advair, I came across a site that advertised this "natural" remedy to asthma. It says that it is not a cure, but can help relieve the symptoms.

The product is called Respitrol and it is a liquid that you add to a glass of water and drink it twice a day. It comes with an eye dropper that screws into the bottle for dispensing it into the water.

I have been taking it for a couple years now and it seems to definitely help. On the average, I only have to use my Advair once or twice a week. And I only take it once in the morning, not twice a day as prescribed.

This is what is said on the web site...

http://www.respitrol.com/

Discover the Natural Medicine Formulated to Relieve Asthma Symptoms and Support Your Return to an Active, Healthy Lifestyle

Respitrol is everything you need to relieve asthma symptoms and promote overall health in one convenient blend. Because it is delivered in liquid form, Respitrol works with your digestive system and goes straight into the bloodstream and cells for optimal effect.

This means you can rest assured that you are receiving a comprehensive and safe asthma medicine.

Respitrol utilizes a three-tiered approach to relieve asthma symptoms and support natural balance. We begin with our organic oligotherapeutic water blend, which becomes the stabilizing base for our active homeopathic ingredients. Then we imprint vibrational technology into the final formula to ensure you enjoy the best healthy lifestyle support.

FDA Recognized Active Homeopathic Ingredients

The active homeopathic ingredients in Respitrol are the key to your success. All of our active homeopathic ingredients are listed with the US Pharmacopoeia and the US Food and Drug Administration, and are indicated in the Materia Medica to relieve asthma symptoms and help restore energy and overall health in adults and children.

Proprietary Oligotherapeutic Water Base (Non-Active Support)
Respitrol uses a proprietary oligotherapeutic water base of 74 organic trace minerals for optimal delivery of our active homeopathic ingredients, and to help quickly increase your vitality and overall health.

Oligotherapy is the use of trace minerals to catalyze vital enzymatic function and increase metabolism at the cellular level.

Our oligotherapeutic liquid base makes Respitrol a uniquely bioavailable liquid formula, working with the digestive system for fast entrance into the bloodstream - providing fast, easy and safe relief from asthma symptoms.

The oligotherapeutic water blend in Respitrol works at the cellular level to support the body's natural balancing process, including . . .

Increased cell permeability

A permeable cell membrane allows vital nutrients to be easily absorbed and used in the cells. This means better nutrition, better overall health, and better value for the money you spend on healthy nutritional foods.

Healthy formation of RNA and DNA

This helps your cells regenerate more effectively, contributing to their genetic stability and health. Healthy cell regeneration is essential for your body's natural healing process.
Increased enzymatic activity
By providing a catalyst for over 300 enzymatic functions in your body, Respitrol helps enhance your metabolism and overall health.

Cell detoxification

Your exposure to every day toxins is inevitable, but can cause a buildup of heavy metals, chemicals, pesticides and other substances in your cells. Our oligotherapeutic liquid base absorbs and neutralizes these toxins.

Strong organic electrolytes

Our oligotherapeutic water formula provides you with a highly effective natural electrolyte complex that supports cellular resistance to injury, illness, exertion, and malnourishment. This supports your optimal recovery, balance and overall health.

Increased oxygenation

Respitrol provides vital oxygen to your cells and promotes increased oxygen consumption in tissues. Natural polyphenols are present to act as catalysts for respiration. Oxygenation will greatly accelerate your body's balancing process.

Alcohol-free medicine delivery

Most homeopathic preparations contain alcohol, but alcohol can be irritating to the body and does not promote healing as our oligotherapeutic water base does. Respitrol is formulated without alcohol so you receive nothing but the best balancing support.

Once our active homeopathic ingredients and oligotherapeutic water base are in place, we imprint Respitrol with balancing frequencies to ensure you receive optimal relief from asthma symptoms and support for better overall health.

Cutting-Edge Vibrational Frequency Technology

Science has uncovered a key to health known as Vibrational Frequency Technology. Scientists have established that all life vibrates at a particular frequency on the subatomic level. Higher frequencies are associated with good health, and lower frequencies with poor health.

When your frequency is higher, you are more likely to feel healthy and fit. We have imprinted Respitrol with this high vibration frequency, to help balance your overall well being.

We guarantee* you that Respitrol will relieve your asthma symptoms and support optimal energy and vitality. This is because Respitrol uses new technology in combination with with homeopathic principles, minerals and nutrients that have been known to support health for hundreds of years.

With Respitrol, you have nothing to lose, and your life to gain!
To: ALL7 of 61
This past year, I found on my own a semi-cure for asthma. It only provides temporary relief, but if used along with my breathing exercises, I can extend the periods I can live without Advair, my steroid inhaler. The temporary cure I got from reading this article that I posted on my HOF Penalty Box. It is drinking hot coffee, but lifting my head towards the ceiling (looking up). That way, the coffee seems to travel closer to my bronchial tubes and the heat helps expand them. It's the closing or shrinking of these tubes that causes asthma and wheezing.

I have a flow meter that I used to use, and my former doctor used to test me breathing. In my search to find out what my device was, I found this article about a new device which uses a heat treatment (similar to my coffee treatment) to expand the bronchial tubes.

http://www.kvue.com/news/health/New-non-pharmacuetical-device-claims-to-give-asthma-sufferers-unparralled-relief-207908221.html

Asthma relief: a new procedure called Bronchial Thermoplasty.

"This is really groundbreaking technology," said Hugh Brown, the CEO of St. David's Georgetown Hospital. "Up to this point if a patient had severe asthma all the medical field could offer them was medications and breathing treatments. Now it can actually go in and, in the course of three procedures, perform a procedure in their lungs that makes a lot of those medications unnecessary."

Here's how it works: Asthma patients inherently have a problem with what's called the airway smooth muscle. It's responsible for constricting the bronchial tubes and leading to symptoms of coughing, shortness of breath and congestion. Researchers at Boston Scientific developed Bronchial Thermoplasty after determining the airway smooth muscle is uniquely heat sensitive.

"Bronchial Thermoplasty emits a radio frequency or energy that is a cool heat," said Dominic de Keratry, a pulmonary care physician. "It's a little cooler than a hot cup of coffee."
To: ALL8 of 61
I found some articles that claim that the caffeine from coffee or team can help asthma symptoms. I also say that the way one drinks it, taking effect the heat qualities of the beverages, drinking it in a position with your head turned looking up, can instantly expand the bronchial tubes.

Here's another article that talks about the effect drinking coffee has on asthma sufferers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/30/health/30really.html?_r=0

The Claim: A Cup of Coffee can Ease the Symptoms of Asthma

THE FACTS Caffeine is known more as a pick-me-up than a home remedy, but for years scientists have wondered whether it may have benefits for people with asthma.

The suspicion stems in part from its chemical structure, which resembles that of theophylline, a common asthma medication that relaxes the airway muscles and relieves wheezing, shortness of breath and other respiratory problems. Indeed, when caffeine is ingested and broken down by the liver, one byproduct is small amounts of theophylline.

In a 2007 study in the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, researchers pooled and analyzed the results of a half dozen clinical trials looking at the effects of caffeine on asthmatics. They found that caffeine produced small improvements in airway function for up to four hours, compared with a placebo, and that even a small dose — less than the amount in a cup of Starbucks coffee — could improve lung function for up to two hours.

In other words, in a pinch, a cup of coffee or strong tea might provide some momentary relief.

But the improvements are very slight, studies show — certainly not enough to make caffeine a replacement for medication. The other problem is that because of their chemical similarities, consuming too much caffeine can compound any side effects of theophylline. As a result, doctors advise people taking that medication to watch their consumption of coffee, tea, chocolate and other foods with caffeine.

THE BOTTOM LINE Caffeine’s benefits for asthma are real but minimal.
To: ALL9 of 61
I have heard that water also helps relieve or prevent asthma symptoms. I always have a bottle of bottled water next to my bed as I get dry mouth in the middle of the night and need to drink some water to relieve that. Is that also a symptom of asthma or a trigger? I'm not sure. This article talks about water is important in helping relieving asthma and also talks about coffee...

http://www.watercures.org/natural-cures-for-asthma.html

Natural Cures for Asthma

First on the list of natural cures for asthma is water cures.

For the complete water cures protocol, go to Water Cures. Numerous stories from people who use this all say the same thing, it is the simplest of the natural cures for asthma and it works.

There are other cures for asthma that involve water as well.

How Asthma Cures Work

Asthma cures, like medicines, work based on absorption.

The absorption of what ever natural cure you take can happen in three ways. The first route to the inside of your body is through your mucous membranes. These are the pink tissue inside your mouth. We can absorb the natural cures through our skin but it is not as effective in most cases as our mucous membranes.

The secondary way the natural cures are absorbed into our body is through the lung tissues. When having an asthma attack, the absorption is somewhat limited. It is dependent on how well the treatment can get to the lungs.

A third way we absorb the health benefits is through the gut. Very little if any is absorbed in the stomach as the mucous membrane of the stomach produce a mucous lining to protect the walls from the acid produced to assist in digestion. It is not until it gets to the gut that absorption takes place.

It can take hours to get from the mouth to the gut where it can be absorbed. This is the least desirable way to manage an attack. It is the best way to prevent an attack as it often provides the most long lasting benefit.

Thus, the best way to get any health benefits is through the mucous membranes or through the lung from inhalation.

Water and sea salt is the first and best treatment for asthma. It gets into the blood and travels throughout the body in seconds. This is dependent on the salt being absorbed in the mouth.

There are other ways water and water related treatments can help with asthma.

Natural Cures For Asthma

Note: These work as remedies for asthma as well as for allergies.

• Heat: A Natural Asthma Remedy

Warm moist air helps your air passageways to expand. So this may be beneficial to prevent an attack but not to rescue someone from an attack. During an actual asthma attack, the moist air could do the exact opposite.

For some, the warm moist air could become a trigger to start an attack. Use this with caution to see how your body responds. We have found a safer and more effective way of using water. Read on to learn how water cures asthma.

• Hot Beverages
    • Hot beverages, including coffee, green tea, herbal tea, regular tea and just water with lemon can work.
  • Steam Inhalation

Breathing in hot steam or taking a hot shower could likewise help. A large pot of water boiling could provide the required steam.

Boiling water with caraway seeds can enhance the beneficial effects of the steam.

Essential oil of juniper boiled in hot water makes a good inhalant.

• Eucalyptus Oil

Eucalyptus oil mixed in the inhaled steam vapors can enhance the moist heat treatments.

All of these use moist heat to open the air passageways. The use of oils, caraway seeds, essential oil of juniper and eucalyptus oil add additional natural properties. The moist heat acts to deliver the various ingredients.

The ingredients in the beverages have their own unique properties. The caffeine in coffee opens the bronchioles. Green teas provide considerable antioxidant properties that help fight the inflammation.

• Epsom Salt Bath

Those who suffer with asthma have been found to have lower than normal magnesium levels in their bodies. One of the safest ways to get magnesium in the body is through epsom salt baths. When taking a hot bath, the additional benefit of breathing the moist hot air is an additional benefit.

The disadvantage, chlorinated water. Epsom salt baths should not be taken unless you have filtered water or well water.

• Alkaline Water

Alkaline water has the benefit of helping out bodies shift to the alkaline side of the PH balance. Drinking alkaline water needs to be done with caution. Initially, some may initially get mildly ill when first starting to drink alkaline water.

The Water Cures Protocol

The best of the natural cures for asthma is water and unprocessed sea salt. Learn more on why so believe that
Water Cures can End Asthma Symptoms.

More Respiratory System

More on Water Cures Asthma

Water Cures Protocol

Beyond Natural Cures for Asthma: Go to the Water Cures Well

To: ALL10 of 61
I happened to find this site and will refer to it often. I do drink a lot of spring water, and now will try adding a little salt to it. Of course, I won't use the processed store salt, but the Himalayan rock salt that I buy specially for not only my food consumption, but also for my salt inhaler and nasal spray.

http://www.watercures.org/water-cures-asthma.html

Water Cures Asthma

Here you will learn something I discovered as a child, sea salt and water cures asthma.

• NOTE: While medical health sites say steer clear of any site that claims a cure for asthma because one does not exist, consider this. We are not selling anything. We are applying the most fundamental principles of how to get your optimal health. This is something you can try for yourself, see if it works and decide for yourself. We are not recommending discontinuing your medications or your doctors advice. Until clinical trials are completed, this is an option, especially if you should ever be in the absence of your inhalers or asthma medications.
Gold-Fish-250-280.jpg

Asthma is a sign and symptom of chronic unintentional fluid and electrolyte imbalance.

You will not find this on the top of the list of asthma causes. You will find, if you try it, that it works. I know because of learning this first hand as a child before the book, Your Bodies Many Cries for Water was even a theory Dr. B was considering.

Cough Variant Asthma vs Chronic Bronchitis, the Differences.

Asthma Signs and Symptoms

Asthma Attack Home Remedy

Natural Cures For Asthma

Natural Remedies for Asthma

Asthma Natural Treatment

Alternative Medicine for Asthma

Asthma Remedy

Cause of Asthma

Asthma Cured with Sea Salt and Water

I unknowingly treated and cured my asthma as a child. It was thought that I grew out of the asthma. This was before we knew the effects of chronic smoke exposure. This is before we knew what COPD was. This is before the many modern treatments for asthma that exist today.

The treatment I discovered as a child was simply a combination of becoming a salt-a-holic and drinking alkaline water. What we know know is that the combination of salt and water help improve asthma symptoms. Asthma is the result of inflammation. Adding alkaline water, causing the body to become more alkaline, can help reduce inflammation.

We will review the asthma signs, symptoms, natural treatments and remedies. Water cures is an amazingly simple solution to asthma. Although there is little science, there are a number of doctors who are using this with their patients. They use it because it works.

Join us on a journey of the mind to learn how many have ended their affliction with asthma simply using sea salt and water. The information here is free. We are not selling this wisdom. It is yours free to use.

Good health to you and yours.

EDITED: 9 Jan 2016 10:33 by RAZZMAN
To: ALL11 of 61
This web site has all sorts of natural cures for asthma. Not only water, but honey, ginger, turmeric (which I have used at times successfully) and others...

http://www.watercures.org/asthma-remedy.html

Your Asthma Remedy

Have you tried any holistic asthma remedy? There are numerous asthma treatments beyond medical treatments for asthma.

The natural asthma remedies include supplements, acupuncture, chiropractic, massage therapy, biofeedback, homeopathy, botanicals and nutrition.

Water Cures Can Make Your Asthma Remedy Work Better

Most treatments are improved by and can be used with the water cures protocol. Even with physical manipulation like chiropractic, water cures will enhance the effectiveness of the treatments.

But? A popular med-site asked, Is Your Asthma Remedy safe? They Said: While some have good results, they cause additional problems, are untested and should be avoided.

Our Response: When it comes to the Water Cures, there is research and evidence that it helps. Unlike medicines, which have pharmaceutical finances to research and buy results, where there is no research relating to the use of water and salt, we use anecdotal evidence and common sense too.

While Water Cures is the number one way to prevent and eliminate asthma symptoms. Other asthma home remedies, while beneficial, work even better when the Water Cures is used.

Science points to asthma is a disease of inflammation and histamine production. We believe that asthma is a disease of chronic fluid and electrolyte imbalance. In more basic terms, asthma is the result of chronic dehydration and not enough salt and minerals in your body. While water cures works to eliminate asthma symptoms, it is not for everyone.

The Asthma Remedy in Your Cupboard

Water

For most cases, according to Dr. Fereydoon Batmanghelidj, asthma is caused by chronic unintentional dehydration. According to The Bodies Many Cries for Water author and expert, the symptoms labeled asthma are one of the bodies cries for water. Simply following the water cures protocol will and has helped eliminate asthma for many.

Honey

Honey has numerous benefits to asthma. Honey can be used in numerous ways as one of the asthma home remedies.

Inhale the aroma of honey to alleviate the symptoms.

Honey and cinnamon: Take 1 teaspoon of honey and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, mix and enjoy. Take at night before sleep and for best results, take it 1/2 hour after following the water cure protocols.

A tea spoon of raw honey, ginger powder and ground black pepper.

Turmeric

Taking honey and turmeric taken separately may help you eliminate asthmatic attacks. Again, do it 30 to 45 min after the water cures protocol.

One of the active ingredients of turmeric is one of the most powerful anti-inflammatory nutrients we can eat. Turmeric helps dilate blood vessels and relax muscles, both effective in eliminating asthma symptoms. There are products, while expensive, that improve the absorption of the turmeric. In our testing, they are superior to similar products without the additional help to absorb.

Dried Figs

Fried figs are a great source of numerous vitamins, minerals and phytochemical that make them more effective. They will help remove phlegm from the respiratory tract. Using the water cures protocol will enhance the absorption of the asthma ending properties.

Regularly eating fennel seeds may have the same benefit.

Herbal Teas

Drinking herbal or black tea with ground ginger and a squirt of lime juice works.

Licorice root tea also works well.

Ginger

In addition to using with honey, ginger can be used on its own or in tea. Grate off an inch to add to boiling water to make tea. Use it in the powder form as a spice for foods and deserts. But beware, sugar filled foods cause inflammation.

The antihistamine benefits realized from ginger has been found to be more effective than over the counter drugs. It will help clear up airways and end inflammation. Unlike many drugs, there are no harmful side effects found in many drugs.

Elderberry

Elderberry is one of the most abundant natural sources of quercetin, a powerful antioxidant.

Quercetin is an immune-boosting compound that has properties helping fight colds, flu, and respiratory problems like asthma. The University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) research found that quercetin is very effective at blocking histamine release. Rather than working as an antihistamine, think histamine blocker. Quercetin also helps manage other allergic and inflammatory reactions in the body, making it one of the best natural cures for asthma.

Apple

Apples also have quercetin and add to the food arsenal of protection against asthma. One European study noted that when pregnant women ate at least four apples a week, their children were over 50 percent less likely to be diagnosed with asthma. Another study found that children who drink apple juice are less likely to develop asthma by as much as 50%.

Bananas

Bananas also have been studied and found to decrease asthma symptoms.

Chia seed

With quercetin, magnesium (asthmatics are low in this), and omega 3 fatty acids, chi seeds are not just for potted pets and green hair any more.

These help decrease inflammation, one of the instigators of asthma. These work especially good in allergy related asthma. Add water cures protocols as the delivery system and the benefits could be increased exponentially.

Do you know of another asthma remedy we may have not covered? Please share it here with the water cures community. The water cure protocols added to the alternative treatments for asthma you use will usually improve your results.

To: ALL12 of 61
While we all know that it is wise to reduce our salt intake, that mainly applies to processed salt. The Himalayan rock salt I use has all 82 or so ingredients that is needed by our bodies, while process salts only have a few of these and is not good for you. Water is also needed by our bodies, and this site on water cures talks about even more reason to drink plenty of fluoride-free water...
http://www.watercures.org/
Water Cures: The Free Solution for Better Health

The scientifically proven way to improve health, Water Cures is your Solution

The Water Cures is the foundation of good health. We drink water and take electrolytes every day in order to live. Follow the protocol and you will live better. In health care, it's called fluid and electrolyte balance.

Water Cures: The Foundation for Holistic Health Care and Healing

Learn how the Water Cure (water and unprocessed salt) cures more than thirst
  • Mindlessly lose weight
  • Help you sleep better
  • Stop leg cramps now and forever
  • Stop a heart attack
  • Lower your blood pressure
  • Make headaches disappear
  • Get gout relief
  • End your depression
  • How water and unprocessed salt helps over 70 diseases or conditions.

The Water Cures Hydration Coaching Webinar

Learn how to earn money as a coach using the water cures. It's free.

Your Natural Home Remedies Guide

Here you will find the current information on how water and unprocessed salt is part of the natural cures protocol that works. This is based on the research of Dr. Batmanghelidj, and his life work in Your Body's Many Cries for Water. The latest science and research has also been added to round out the information.

Included is the common sense approach of holistic nursing. You will learn how to become a savvy health care consumer.

When possible, links to the scientific research going beyond and improving upon the work of Dr. B. will be provided. Information from these studies will enhance your understanding and improve your ability to use the original research by Dr. B.

Finally, science is starting to recognize the mind, body and spirit connection to all we do. To help make this connection, motivational tools to help you follow through and succeed in becoming an educated consumer will be provided for you.

To: ALL13 of 61
I like Natural News, the online news site that has taught me a lot about nutrition and the natural way of eating and living. It is always good to find another site that is completely independent and find they say much the same thing, and more. This water cures site has given me a lot new information that I think is vital in staying healthy and living longer.

http://www.watercures.org/asthma-natural-treatment.html

The Best Asthma Natural Treatment

The best asthma natural treatment: Water Cures, using sea salt and water. Why? The answer is simple.

Our bodies have remarkable healing abilities if we give them the proper nutrients to rebuild. Asthma and what it causes you to experience is usually a sign and symptom of chronic fluid and electrolyte imbalance. This means we are not getting enough water, enough of the right minerals and salt.

Asthma Natural Treatment

If we provide the proper nutrients, water and electrolytes, our body will eliminate many of the health issues it faces. Many have found that asthma is one such disease that responds to the water cures. It should be added to the list of asthma natural treatments.

Of all the natural asthma treatments, the safest and the most effective is the one that most closely fulfills the human body needs is Water Cures. One of the most important needs is hydration and electrolytes.

These needs are best filled with unprocessed sea salt and water. The first thing most patients get when entering the hospital is a bag of normal saline given IV. This is nothing more than salt and water given into the veins.

The fact is, most people are not providing enough water and salt for their bodies needs. Even worse, most of those who suffer with asthma have an electrolyte and mineral imbalance.

This has been perpetuated by a myth that we need to reduce salt consumption as it will raise blood pressure. A 2011 study found that reducing salt increases risk of heart disease risk. It also found that a reduced salt diet did not reduce the risk of dying or of having heart disease.

Less Salt Is Bad For Your Health

The research found that consuming less salt increases cholesterol and triglycerides. But wait, it gets worse.

Low salt also increases hormones that help regulate our salt levels. In other words, it causes us to retain salt rather than get rid of it in our urine.

The fact is, we need to reduce table salt, an unnatural form of salt and need to start consuming unprocessed natural salt. Even the kind of water we drink plays a role in our health. If it was chlorinated, although filtering is good, the water is not the best for you. More on water will be posted in the future.

Unprocessed sea salt has the necessary sodium chloride along with numerous other trace elements that are essential for life. The elements act as buffers making the salt safe for consumption. With out these buffers, salt is unhealthy.

The minerals are essential. Even more so for those suffering with asthma. If you have asthma, you may be depleted in certain essential minerals.

Why Not Just Take Supplements?

Simply taking supplements because you are depleted is also not natural. For most people, eating the right diet along with proper hydration is all that is needed to help manage and in some cases, eliminate the symptoms associated with many diseases.

When taking supplements, the phytochemicals in the fruits, vegetables and grains are often taken out or destroyed in the process. When we take supplements, we are taking something unnatural.

There may be research on the supplements but who paid for it. This is not to say they are bad or we should not take them. They do have their place. The question is, is there a better way?

Consider milk. We were taught for decades, that you got to have milk to get the calcium you need for strong bones. Ironically, nobody ever asked, how do cows get strong bones? Or how do dear, antelope or even lions and tigers and bears get strong bones, oh my?

They do not need supplements yet they have strong bones. They do not even drink milk once weaned yet they have strong bones. And they do it all naturally.

Lesson for us...the closer to natural we can be, the healthier we will be.

But is not salt bad for us?

Do Dill Pickles Cause Cancer?

There are studies that claim that salt increases blood pressure. For instance, one study suggested blood pressure was affected by body mass (size and weight) and salt intake.

Here is what the study said, "CONCLUSION: The findings of this study suggest that the association between salt intake and blood pressure is related to body weight and WC."

Were they eating more salt because they were eating more salt? Was it the salt or the extra carbs that was causing the blood pressure increase? Or was it the extra MSG in the extra foods they were eating?

It might be noted, research shows we are not fat because we overeat. We over eat because we are fat. Our bodies want to maintain ourselves wherever they may be weight wise (or unwise).

Unfortunately, this is like saying that there is an association of eating dill pickles and getting cancer.

Think about it. Of all the people who eat dill pickles, 1 in 3 will get cancer in their life time. That is a significant number but means nothing with out a control.

In Japan, where there is the lowest dill pickle consumption in the world, there is also the lowest cancer rate. And Eskimos, who never eat dill pickles, never get cancer.

By the way, did you know ice cream can cause cancer too? Studies show that 1 in three people who consume ice cream will get cancer in their lifetime.

Back to the when we get fat, we eat more theory. We do not necessarily get fat because we eat more. We eat more because we are fat. When we eat more, guess what, we will have more salt in our diet.

Also, the study looked at table salt consumption, not unprocessed sea salt with the natural buffers that make it the best asthma natural treatment.

Countless users of water cures have lowered their blood pressure by increasing their salt and water consumption.

And now, many more are finding that the best asthma natural treatment is using the water cures protocol.

Note: Water Cures is not for everyone. As an asthma natural treatment, consumers using it say it really works. There are other holistic asthma treatments that also work. For most, Water Cures can be used in conjunction with almost any asthma remedy.

Our Asthma Research:

Our initial research is done and the results of what we have learned is provided for your benefit. The water cures works! As we grow as a non-profit, we will be continuing to research the Water Cures Protocol for treating asthma. We are planning ongoing clinical trials to find which salt works best and the various types of water that can finally help put an end to asthma. The goal, find the best asthma natural treatment.

More Respiratory System

The Water Cures Protocol

Water Cures Asthma

To: Razz (RAZZMAN) 14 of 61
I agree with your article. In my case, I have always had it. Once I started reffing 3 sports, the asthma went away. I think building up my lung capacity helped tremendously. When I get my physical, they give me a breathing test and I score at the highest percentile for my age...
To: Carl (SPARTACUS) 15 of 61
I'm going to try drinking that hot salt water drink twice a day. Can't use processes salt though. I'll use my Himalyan rock saline salt. Let you know how it works.
To: Razz (RAZZMAN) 16 of 61
Himalayan salt? How the heck does salt get up there?
To: Carl (SPARTACUS) 17 of 61
I guess what are mountains were once under the sea, and vice versa. Atlantis in the Atlantic was once above the sea level with mountains.
To: Razz (RAZZMAN) 18 of 61
I was watching a Smithsonian special about the Nepal earthquake. Apparently the Himalayas are where Eurasia and Indian continents meet. A rift in the tectonic plate of maybe 4 feet can cause a major earthquake...
To: Carl (SPARTACUS) 19 of 61
Isn''t Tibet near the Himalayas? I think that's where all those gurus and sagas live. LOL

itinerary-header.jpg
To: Razz (RAZZMAN) 20 of 61
Ya, that is Everest. Many of the folks live in Kathmandu.... at least before the earthquake...