The Delta variant may force masks back on!

To: Carl (SPARTACUS) 1 of 247
Don't put your masks away just yet! The Delta variant is so contagious that we may be forced to put our masks back on, according to the WHO. The Delta Covid is 60% more infectious than the Alpha variant, which was 50% more infectious than the original Covid-19 out of China. Even worse, it's reported that 50% of people infected with the Delta variant were fully vaccinated.

As you said, we're probably going to be mandated to wear masks for the rest of our lives.

https://www.aol.com/finance/bringing-back-mask-mandate-good-135926849.html

‘Bringing back mask mandate is a good idea’: doctor on Delta variant

Yahoo Finance
Seana Smith

The World Health Organization’s decision to encourage those who are fully vaccinated to wear masks as a result of the highly transmissible Delta variant is "a good idea," according to University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix’s Dr. Shad Marvasti.

“We don’t want to wait until after the fact and get caught with this thing already ahead of us when we know that masks work,” Marvasti told Yahoo Finance Live. “To put this in context, the Alpha variant, which originated out of the UK, was about 50% more infectious and transmissible. The Delta variant is 60% more infectious than that.”

The Delta variant, which was first identified in India, has now spread to more than 80 countries. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) officials warn it will likely become the dominant strain in the U.S. in a matter of weeks as infections attributable to the highly contagious variant spread rapidly nationwide. COVID-19 cases caused by the Delta variant currently account for about one-fifth of new coronavirus infections in the U.S., according to the CDC.

“The CDC needs to act quickly, without waiting, to follow the WHO guidelines and ask everyone to put the masks back on so we can stay open, protect folks, and keep the economy going,” Marvasti said. “We’re already seeing preliminary numbers out of Israel where fully vaccinated people are getting sick.”

Preliminary findings by Israeli health officials found that about half of adults infected by the Delta variant in the country were fully vaccinated, the Wall Street Journal reported, and as it stands now, the Delta variant is likely causing about 90% of new infections in Israel.

Outbreaks of infections largely driven by the Delta variant have prompted governments from around the world to reimpose coronavirus-related restrictions. South Africa is imposing at least two weeks of lockdowns while about 10 million Australians are also under lockdown. Here in the U.S., Los Angeles County officials are urging all residents to wear masks in public indoor spaces, regardless of vaccination status.

“We have gotten into this false sense of security thinking it's okay to take off masks,” warned Marvasti. “The best thing to do is to start putting the masks back on to prevent another surge from happening, and if you’re unvaccinated, now is the time to get vaccinated before this Delta variant comes for you.”
EDITED: 13 Jul 09:27 by SPARTACUS
To: Razz (RAZZMAN) 2 of 247
When will the Buffalo variant arrive?
To: Carl (SPARTACUS) 3 of 247
I saw a lot of Buffalo variants at the ball game last night. They came in different shapes and colors. LOL

To: Razz (RAZZMAN) 4 of 247
Cute. Looks like you had a grand time at the game. LOL
To: Carl (SPARTACUS) 5 of 247
The Jays won 9-3 and overtook the hapless Yankees. Two 3-run homers by the Jays and one by Seattle.
To: Razz (RAZZMAN) 6 of 247
Am emailing a video to you. Enjoy!

Glad the Yanks are playing lousy this year. 
To: Carl (SPARTACUS) 7 of 247
That was a great video! It was probably better than what I'll see on the 4th of July, if I go out anywhere. Bet the bride and groom really enjoyed that show.

I haven't been on my gmail account for a while I saw another one you sent me about the CDC relaxing the mask rules. Below that, was a tweet about a double rainbow at Fenwick Park.

To: Razz (RAZZMAN) 8 of 247
It was incredible. And the fact that we kept it a secret made it even better. I did not know they would do it right after the cake cutting. And the timing was perfect.

To: Carl (SPARTACUS) 9 of 247
They obviously had a photographer, right? Back in the 70s, I used to do wedding photography. Not anything lucrative, more like family weddings. Did your photographer also do videos? Even if he didn't, I'm sure someone did some videos of the wedding for you, like the one with the fireworks.
To: Razz (RAZZMAN) 10 of 247
They did videos and had drones too. There was a drone in the air during the fireworks. There was also an artist at the reception painting the scene.

Every time I had a one on one with a person at the reception, one of the photogs took the pic. I told people I hoped they were not in the Witness Protection Program. LOL

The Starlight Orchestra had 4 guys who reminded me of one of those groups like the Four Tops, Temptations etc. At one point, 3 gals stepped forward and did a Supremes Song. It was unbelievable.

Also, did Neil Diamond's Sweet Caroline which pleased all my Boston friends and relatives.
To: Carl (SPARTACUS) 11 of 247
I thought that it was more like a big band orchestra. It sounds more contemporary music then. That's probably how must wedding bands are. Have you seen any of the drone videos yet?
To: Razz (RAZZMAN) 12 of 247
It was not a big band orchestra though there were many moving parts. It was like the Temptations, Neil Diamond, Supremes, Earth Wind and Fire all combined into one. LOL
To: Carl (SPARTACUS) 13 of 247
That sounds like a great band to have, with the combo of all those great elements.

We just got hit with a huge hail storm. It came in like a hurricane, with quarter inch hail bombarding us. It looked almost like a snowstorm, but it was hail. Now it's just raining hard and thundering. I'll have to check out my plants to see if they were damaged and my car windows.
To: Razz (RAZZMAN) 14 of 247
Yikes.

The group's website is www.Starlightmusic.com. I knew they did Billy Joel's wedding and did not know they did Michael Douglas'. They were so good, many simply stayed on the dance floor whenever possible.
To: Carl (SPARTACUS) 15 of 247
That band was so good you could have charged admission fees. LOL

Maybe someone did a video of one of their songs.
To: Razz (RAZZMAN) 16 of 247
Oh, there are videos. But I am waiting for the official one. Or put it another way, the one I paid for... LOL
To: Carl (SPARTACUS) 17 of 247
Sounds like a good plan. It was exactly a week ago. Have you heard from them yet?

Here's a video I took yesterday when we were suddenly hit with a hail storm. It looked like a sheet of ice or a snowstorm. You can hear the hail smash into objects like the picnic table.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bjFi4jUjMWSVLva76
EDITED: 3 Jul 13:41 by RAZZMAN
To: Razz (RAZZMAN) 18 of 247
Yikes. That could of been dangerous if you were outside. Meanwhile, we are just getting a lotta rain here and it never seems to stop. Thank goodness for global warming.
To: Carl (SPARTACUS) 19 of 247
My plants are recovering. They didn't get too damaged. It was nice yesterday and supposed to be today also. Plan to go golfing this evening near Chautauqua Lake. They plan to have fireworks at Bemus Point on the lake.
To: Razz (RAZZMAN) 20 of 247
My neighbor is having fire works in our common area. Should be fun.